|Florida National University is an accredited member of the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE).
SACSCOC is one of only a few accrediting commissions that conducts a comprehensive review of its institutions every ten years. Most accrediting agencies conduct such reviews every 5 to 7 years. FNU was last reaffirmed in 2012.
The U.S. Department of Education requires accrediting agencies that it recognizes to monitor its institutions more often to ensure that those having access to federal funds continue to meet the criteria of the USDOE.
To that end, the Commission has developed a Fifth-Year Interim Report. The report has five parts:
1. Signatures Attesting to Integrity.
2. An Institutional Summary Form Prepared for Commission Reviews.
3. A Fifth-Year Compliance Certification.
4. An additional report (Fifth-Year Follow-Up Report) requested during the institution's previous review by the Commission.
5. An Impact Report of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
FNU's Fifth-Year Review is due March 15, 2018, and is only required to complete parts 1, 2, 3, and 5.
The purpose of this website is to serve as an information resource to support the Review. It will also host the reports as required above for submission to SACSCOC.
For more information on the Fifth-Year Review click here. For information about the SACSCOC review at FNU contact Dr. Barbara J. Rodriguez (Accreditation Liaison) or Dr. Caridad Hernandez (VP of Academic Affairs).